The celebration of gastronomy takes place every two years at the luxury property, located in a picturesque clifftop setting on the enchanted Algarve coast. This year’s event will take place over nine days from 5-13 May and will include a programme of inspiring gastronomic experiences, with a series of exclusive themed dinners with VILA VITA Parc’s own culinary mastermind from Ocean restaurant, Hans Neuner, cooking alongside an impressive line-up of international chef talent and top winemakers and gourmet producers.
This year’s list of international guest chefs includes:
- Thomas Allan from The Modern in New York, US
- Christian Bau*** from Victor’s Fine Dining in Saarland, Germany
- Jan Hartwig*** from Atelier in Munich, Germany
- Jacob-Jan Boerma*** from De Leest in The Netherlands
- Annie Féolde*** from Enoteca Pinchiorri in Florence, Italy
- Karlheinz Hauser** from Restaurant Seven Seas in Hamburg, Germany
- Dieter Koschina** from Vila Joya, in the Algarve, Portugal
- Nigel Haworth* from Northcote in Lancashire, UK
- Fritz Helfesrieder* from Gasthof zum Storchen in Bad Krozingen, Germany
- Roberto Carturan* from Ristorante Alfredo in Cologne, Germany
- Daniele Perillo* from Gusto by Heinz Beck, in the Algarve, Portugal
- João Oliveira* from Vista Restaurant, in the Algarve, Portugal
- Ljubomir Stanisic from 100 Maneiras in Lisbon, Portugal
These culinary masterminds will cook alongside Hans Neuner in the resort’s two Michelin-starred Ocean and Atlantico restaurants for intimate audiences of between 30 to 80 diners, with prices starting from €310 per person including wines and a selection of amuse-bouches.
The week will kick-off with a traditional Portuguese Assado (barbecue), a new edition to this year’s programme, taking place on 5 May at Herdade dos Grous, VILA VITA Parc’s own organic farm and vineyard located in the neighbouring Alentejo region.
♦ See Also: VILA VITA Parc: Get a Behind The Scenes Look of a Luxury Hotel ♦
Wine aficionados will also have opportunities to join in on extraordinary masterclass workshops with some of the most renowned winemakers in the world.
A veritable highlight of the festival is the lively Kitchen Party, a true epicurean celebration, taking place on Saturday 11 May in the VILA VITA Clubhouse featuring the guest chefs and winemakers working together to create culinary magic for over 500 guests. Tickets for the Kitchen Party start from €295 per person.
Gastronomy is at the heart of the VILA VITA Parc experience with 11 innovative dining venues to choose from ranging from casual beachside dining and rustic, regional Portuguese plates to one-of-a-kind culinary creations at the two Michelin-starred restaurant and inventive Japanese cuisine. There is a strong emphasis on using only the freshest, seasonal local ingredients with the majority of produce sourced from sister farm, Herdade dos Grous.
♦ VILA VITA Parc: Discover all the Secrets from Portugal ♦