Tourism is one of Portugal’s biggest strengths and that was made clear by the astronomical number of wins that the country was honoured within this category in the 25th ceremony of World Travel Awards.
“World’s Leading Destination”, “World’s Leading Island Destination” – for Madeira – and “World’s Leading Tourist Board” are just some of the many distinctions the country has brought home.
Portugal had a strong presence in the hospitality sector:
- World’s Leading Adventure Tourist Attraction ⇒ Passadiços do Paiva
- Europe’s Leading All-Inclusive Resort ⇒ Pestana Porto Santo All Inclusive Beach & Spa Resort
- Europe’s Leading Beach Resort ⇒ Hotel Quinta do Lago
- Europe’s Leading Boutique Resort ⇒ Vila Joya
- Europe’s Leading Design Hotel ⇒ 1908 Lisboa Hotel
- Europe’s Leading Family Resort ⇒ Ria Park Hotel
- Europe’s Leading Island Resort ⇒ Belmond Reid’s Palace
- Europe’s Leading Lifestyle Resort ⇒ Conrad Algarve
- Europe’s Leading Luxury Hotel & Villas ⇒ Vila Vita Parc
- Europe’s Leading Meetings & Conference Hotel ⇒ Ria Park Hotel
- Europe’s Leading Resort Villas ⇒ Dunas Douradas Beach Club
- Europe’s Most Romantic Resort ⇒ Monte Santo Resort